Monday, May 23, 2011

Uh. Done?

So.

When last I wrote, $990 was the big number. Then it was $971. Then $885. Then $860. Litlte by little, it started dropping.

Then I slacked off a little bit, spreadsheet-wise. Went to Davidson graduation. Saw a lot of great people. Three days went by.

When I made it back to my calculations with all of the newest checks and donations in front of me, I did a double take. I did my math again (because if you know me, you know I am NOT good at math). I got the same result.

Only $200 to go?!?!?!

I didn't post anything, just to be sure. A couple more checks came in. I scheduled the rest of my immunizations. We had another conference call. Another check. I e-mailed the spreadsheet to my parents, asked them to check over it.

"I got $3,480," I said.

"I got $3,480," my dad said.

Um. $20?

A friend of mine was at our mutual friends' wedding on Saturday. Hadn't seen her in about a year. "Oh! I need to write you a check!" she said to me.

"I'm only twenty dollars away from my goal," I told her.

Her eyes lit up and she started scribbling.

THANK YOU, everyone, for being so encouraging and supportive and GENEROUS as I raised this money! It means a lot to know that so many people are behind me. June 27 will be here before we know it, and your thoughts and prayers are so important to this journey. I look forward to sharing it with you!!

Claire

PS. I wrote a blog post for the A2S website a couple of weeks back -- check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you! This is absolutely amazing that you're done fundraising more than a month before you go! Do your cohorts know your devoted fans are expecting regular blog updates in Africa?

    ReplyDelete